Astragalus Iced Chai latte recipe by Eva Gaillot @thefrenchcoconut
As we saw in my previous article about astragalus, this herb supports the immune system, it is also hydrating and will help the body during a hot and humid state (perfect with the rising temperatures!).
Astragalus can taste slightly sweet, close to vanilla and pairs perfectly with this delicious spice blend from India known to soothe the heart and soul. I added vanilla which is also very good for the skin. This comforting and energizing iced chai latte with astragalus is also a wonderful stimulant that will boost the immune system. (In this recipe I replaced the stimulating black tea traditionally used in the preparation of chai with astragalus).
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 300ml filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or a cinnamon stick)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon (per serving/per person) of organic astragalus powder
- 200ml of plant-based milk of choice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid sweetener of choice (date, maple or agave syrup) Ice cubes
In a pot, pour the water and add all the spices (cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg and cardamom). Bring the water to the boil then remove from the heat and let cool.
When cooled, strain, then add the sweetener and astragalus powder and mix.
Fill two glasses with ice cubes and pour the mixture over.
Pour in the plant-based milk and stir.
Enjoy it in mindfulness… and with Le Masque Anti-Soif previously applied on your face!